The difference between HELIOS-81 2/50 Automat and the HELIOS-81 2/53 Automat (from this review):
- Different labelling: ‘2/50‘ and ‘2/53’. In fact the real focal length of the lenses is the same and it is approximately equal to 52 mm. Different labelling — it is nothing more than the whims of the manufacturer.
- Different lines grip. The version ‘2/50‘ all lines are straight, the version of ‘2/53’ line DOF for F/8 and F/22 is beveled.
- Different markings on the scale focusing distance.
- Different minimum focusing distance. In version ‘2/50‘ MDF is equal to 50 cm, and the version ‘2/53’ MDF is much shorter and is just 36 cm
- Different move of the focus ring. In version ‘2/50‘ the ring rotates up to 270 degrees, and in version 2/53’ is up to 320 degrees.
- Most likely version ‘2/50‘ is older than ‘2/53’ (just my guess based on serial numbers).
Unfortunately, In versions ‘2/50‘ and ‘2/53’ the focus ring has a backlash. Moreover, I noticed the lack of the focusing ring in all lenses Kiev-Automat. In all other respects, ‘2/50‘ and ‘2/53’ very similar to each other.
Like the version ‘2/50‘, HELIOS-81 2/53 Automat is afraid of the flashes and does not work in the side and backlighting.
The main differences between HELIOS-81 2/53 Automat and HELIOS-81 2/50 Automat are in various MDF and focus ring move. Otherwise, the lenses are identical. Unfortunately, the picture and Automatic adjustment give way to the multipositional MC Helios-81Н 2/50.
Fedor: «…doesn’t work well in side and back lighting.» Yes judging by the photos, direct light is banned. However, this «haze» may be used specifically.
Sergei: Neither the adjustment nor the picture does not lose lenses Helios 81/ 53 Automat to t MC Helios -81Н.
Maks: Back lens especially must be safe and clean without scratches and scuffs, otherwise no good pictures fail. I shot with camera Kiev 15 TEE with Helios-81 2/53 Automat lenses. It is very sharp.
Kirill: Excellent quality! Good lenses
Anna: It’s absolutely my cup of tea!